Full-Time Development and Program Assistant
Water Watch of Oregon is seeking a full-time Development and Program Assistant. The position will devote about 20 hours per week to assisting development and outreach staff and about 20 hours per week assisting program staff. A focus of the job will be to assist with the annual fundraising auction each fall.
On the development and outreach side, the assistant will support all areas of development with particular attention to event support, donor tracking/gratitude practices, database administration, end-of-year giving campaigns, and social and email media. On the program side, the assistant will support litigation, legislation, advocacy and other substantive work performed by WaterWatch.
WaterWatch is a river conservation organization dedicated to protecting and restoring streamflows in Oregon’s rivers for fish, wildlife, and the people who depend on healthy rivers. WaterWatch advocates for sound water policies in Oregon. For over thirty years we have worked in the courts, state and federal agencies, the legislature, and the media to ensure that enough water is left in our rivers to sustain the fish, wildlife, and people who depend on healthy rivers. WaterWatch has a budget approaching $1,000,000, a staff of eight, a board of fifteen, and two offices: one in Portland, and a satellite office in Ashland. The Development and Program Coordinator will work out of the Portland office.
Hours: 40hrs per week (with sporadic overtime around the annual auction in early November), occasional travel and weekend/evening meetings and events.
Compensation: Competitive hourly wage with attractive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, employer matching contribution to 401K retirement plan and liberal paid time off (PTO) policy.
Location: Portland, OR – WaterWatch Office (213 SW Ash St, Suite 208)
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for development and program sides of the organization.
- Development – Assist in all aspects of the annual auction:
- Procure auction items. Contact potential donors to arrange pick-ups of donated items. (May be helpful to own a car.)
- Assist in tracking event logistics, including reservations, donated items, payments etc.
- Update auction database, GreaterGiving.
- Organize and manage volunteers.
- Design materials and decorate for the event.
- Promote the event in emails and on social media.
- Reserve, pick up, and drive the rental van/truck the weekend of the event, transport auction items, and return the rental the day after the event.
- Prepare event, fundraising, policy and outreach communications for dissemination, including electronic and web-based promotions;
- Assist with database entries, donor tracking and thanking, and quality control;
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and follow up regarding all events;
- Compile and distribute fundraising, membership, and outreach mailings;
- Execute reports and compile data as necessary;
- Assist with donor thank yous;
- Assist with all development- and communications-related administrative duties;
- Update reports and retrieve reports as provided from workplace giving partners;
- Assist with office IT needs; and
- Take, edit, and upload pictures to highlight programs and projects.
- Support WaterWatch’s conservation agenda and program staff by providing administrative support for program staff;
- Compile research for policy staff;
- File review online and in Salem;
- Organize and synthesize data in worksheets and graphics; and
- Scanning, digitalizing files.
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Outgoing personality.
- 1-2 years’ office experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience with event planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with and passion for Oregon’s rivers.
- Experience in the legal field a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, development databases (Salsa Labs and GreaterGiving a plus).
- Editing and proofreading skills a plus.
- Proficiency with websites and HTML code a plus.
- Strong and professional communication skills, excellent phone skills.
- Strong collaboration and group skills.
- Current driver’s license.
- Self-motivated, confident, takes direction well, willing to go the extra mile, sense of humor.
- Must be available for work the week of October 30th through November 3rd and the weekend of the auction, November 4th & 5th, 2017.
Please email resume and cover letter describing your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: May 15th, 2017